In The Eye of The Beholder Overview


Photobucket
Moses was extremely funny in here and I loved the parts where he disguised as Wah On to get Myolie's attention. His character in here really reminds me of his other character in The Gentle Crackdown! Both of them have this care-free attitude and extremely smart. The difference was in Beholder, Moses didn't want any business with the government. I liked Moses in here, but to compare his version of Tong Bak Fu to Nick Cheung's in The Legendary 4 Aces, I'd say I like Nick more because Nick seemed to fits the role more.

Photobucket
I thought Myolie did well in here but her character just lacks a special feeling to it. Her character was focused in the beginning but then it shifted more to Fala when she appeared, and then there was the story with the whole history thing (which was boring!). Her character kinda got overshadowed compared to the others because I didn't feel there was anything special about her character.

Photobucket
This couple was cute together and I really like them together (in the beginning). I was really hoping for their relationship to develop more at the middle of the series and on. They had so many cute scenes in the first half but then it kinda stopped with all the book research thing. I found it really cute with their 2 'wedding' scenes! Haha, Moses took so long to pick Myolie out from all the brides but when it's Myolie turn to find him, she did it in just a snap :P

Another scene that I really liked between them is the scene where they were at the lake. Moses told Myolie that if they'd be able to meet each other in the city before sunset, he would stay and helped her recover the government (or something along those line..). At the end, Moses walked around the city and began finding himself trying to find Myolie but he couldn't. After he gave up and went back to the lake, she was there. She told him that she didn't want to force him to stay and that's why she didn't went to find him. That scene was sweet and really made me admire Myolie.

Photobucket
Fala playing as the bratty princess wasn't annoying but what I found cute! This is her first costume drama and I extrememly love her look in here! It is adorable and I'm hoping for her to film more ancient series. Back to her character, at first I find her character really unreasonable but as they talked more about her character, I only found her pitiable. Losing her mother at such a young age hugely affected her. That was the reason for her obnoxious behaviors but fortunately Moses changed her.

She was no longer unreasonable (like before) and when she fell in love with Moses, I felt more sorry for her because we knew that Moses on liked Myolie. When he turned her down, she wasn't pushy or anything but learned how to accept it. I found all her scenes to be enjoyable and actually my favorite parts of the series (more when she was being bratty). Not too mention I also love her ending^^

Photobucket
For some reason, I like them together more then Moses with Myolie. Their quarreling was funny to see and it was cute as Fala began to fall for Moses. Then it was sad to see her leave. Though I do like them together very much, I do not disagree with Moses ending with Myolie and I actually prefer it that way too.

Photobucket
These 2 guys are just hilarious! Haha, I was surprised to see them dressing up as Batman and Robin in one scene though. It's silly but still hilarious :P They have so much chemistry together! All the scenes they shared were funny and I'm hoping for another collaboration between these 2 again^

Johnson alone still was hilarious! Haha, I think he's the best comedic guy out of all the casts xD I love his behaviors and the way he's always with Moses. He and Elaine was cute too ;) I really like Elaine in here too.

Photobucket
Overall
Thanks for all the votes guys! I guess most people are quite liking this series, and I also liked it myself^^ This series turned out better than I had thought it'd be.

So, I'll vote 'Haha, it's good ;)' It was good and enjoyable but I'm probably not going to re-watch it. Watching it the first time was enjoyable because it was new but watching it a second time won't do much. Even if I did, I'd only watch the parts with Moses as Wah On and Fala's part. The part near the end when they talk about the revolting and history was extremely boring. I didn't even pay attention to those parts and past on forward. Would I recommend it? Not 100% but only around 60%. It's definitely not a must watch but enjoyable if you have spare time :)

Who was my favorite character? Haha, that would be Fala's. Her character was more interesting than the others and I really enjoy seeing her parts.

Ending?
I like how everybody got their happy ending but Moses and Myolie's ending was...eh.... I don't know how they turned so big and they also looked weird. Though I found Johnson's ending silly but also hilarious :P Even though I would really prefer it if he and Elaine had a happy one.....

Photobucket
Out of all the endings, Fala's was the best! I really liked how she ended up as a really educated person and the idea of Moses putting her in his 9 Beauties painting :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment