At the Edge of Tears - Jade Leung in Burning Flames

I've mentioned before that I was watching Burning Flame 1 and was really enjoying it. Yesterday, I got to one of the saddest point of the series!!

Louis Koo as Lau Hoi Bak
Jade Leung as Lok Hew Chui
Cheung Tse Sing as Lau Hoi Yat (Louis's brother)

Jade Leung and Louis Koo is getting married. Unfortunately, due to some misunderstanding (Louis thought that Jade betrayed him with his brother), Louis did not appear on their wedding day. Jade was then kidnapped by Louis's elder brother (evil guy who likes Jade). He dragged her to a house in the mountains....and due to the rain, there was a mudslide. Still in her wedding dress, Jade was buried underground. Fortunately though, she was not dead then...and managed to phone Louis one last time....

Jade: I really love you...I never betrayed you...Lau Hoi Yat was the one who raped me...I shouldn't of drank so much...
Louis: It doesn't matter, please don't say anymore!
Jade: I really want to be your wife...I want to bear you children...
Louis: Me too...Please don't die! Don't give up!
Jade: Please don't be mad at me...please marry me..
Louis: I will marry you!....
Jade: ......
Louis: Please talk! Please don't die!
*phone hangs up*

During that phone call, everybody knew where Jade was and was trying to dig her out....but then another huge part of the mountain collapse and another huge mudslide occur.....When they found out Jade's body, she was already dead.

Ok...seeing it is actually much better than me describing it, but all in all, it was a very sad scene. I feel really sorry for Jade's character....she did not deserve this! She suffered so much or Louis...who's main attention is mostly pointed towards his other brother (who is mentally ill). He did not seem to treasure Jade when she was with him....and in the end, he could only regret it. This is one of the saddest weddings ever! I never imagined it to end like this....

Is it just me or does Jade always get these tragic characters. I loved her character in War and Beauty and also in here....Why does both have to die!?!?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

omg!!! i remember watching this, it it was one of the most heartbreaking scenes i've ever watched in tvb, it was so hard to watch them talking through the phone :( the entire time i was just praying they'll get to her in time...but it was too late :( so so sad

LynneD. said...

I know!!! I thought that she'd make it!! But they just have to have another mud slide!! >< tvb doesn't usually kill of characters...but when they do...it could be one of the saddest thing ever!! T__T

JingMui said...

I remember watching this too!!!

and it was so horrible cause TVB gave us this small hope because they discovered her hand and they were really trying to pull her out...but she read did die after the second mudslide...:( it's so sad.

Post a Comment