Home Troopers Overview

I haven't done a review for a long time right??

Overall: This series was enjoyable. (much more enjoyable than I could ever expected) It doesn't have a unique storyline....but the way they carried out the story wasn't as draggy as the usual family dramas. It flowed pretty quickly for me...except the last few episodes. I also love the variety of characters in here and the way they had developed.

Out of all the relationships...I personally thought Kimi and Benny was the cutest (even though they barely have 5 minutes together), and the other one I like is Ha Yu and Liza. At first, I thought Bernice and Kevin was really cute....but then I think they kinda went downhill =/ Their bickering in the ending was really cute though!

For the side characters, I really liked Raymond Cho. I pitied him alot and at some parts, actually wishes that Bernice had loved him instead. Claire Yiu's character is considered to be the 'bad' one. I do not agree with her actions....but they are understandable. Personally though, I do not think that love can be force. The more you force it, the worser the situation gets. And in the end, love cannot come out of forcing.

The Ending
Not surprising...it was a happy one =) I do like the ending, but there are some things I still wonder. Where is Sing? So his dad really take Sing from Bernice just like that!?! I wanted them to unite so badly!! It is really upsetting to see them separated when more than half of the series had them!

Bernice is the main reason why I wanted to watch this series. Her character in here is a kind-hearted girl who is viewed as a bad girl because of her past. She has a burglar as a dad and was even sent to a girl's home after taking up a charge for him. Bernice did not have a happy childhood but she never gave up on life or have put it on a negative mark. She's always positive and kind-hearted. For example, she has a son in here but it's not her real son. It was her ex-boyfriend's son and when he left her....he also left his son. That is why she took him in a loved her as much as her own child because she did not want him to have a bad childhood like she did.

I admire Bernice's character and really wish I can be like her. Always sees things with a positive view, doesn't care what others think about her and is proven to be very loyal. Is it a bit unrealistic though?? Um...kinda but not really because realistically, she was actually bottling up her feelings. Even though she might seem so positive, I think she's quite weak inside. That is shown when her dad showed up. You could tell upset she was seeing him and also how angry she was. Why not though? He abandoned her....is there any reason for her to forgive him? I can't think of any, but in the end....he is still her dad. She can't stay mad at him forever and in the end, did forgive him.

From beginning to end, I've really enjoyed Bernice in here. But as the series progresses though, her scenes got lesser and lesser as the story started to emphasis on Liza more. It was heart-breaking to see how Bernice lost Sing. I couldn't hold back my tears during that scene. Even though that guy was Sing's biological father...I still do not feel that he had the right to take Sing away like that....

Also did you guys prefer Bernice to end up with Kevin or Raymond?

Kevin's character is nothing special. As a son, he is good. As a boyfriend, I did not feel for him when Bernice decided to break up with him. I think that every girl would want a guy that can protect her and would always be there for her when she feels down. Kevin isn't really the ideal guy in here...but realistic isn't he? Lols, do anybody here read anime or watch korean dramas? The guys in there are really a dream man everybody wants. But sadly, I don't think we can find anybody like them out here.

Did I feel sorry for Raymond Cho? Yes. I felt really bad for him. Though the things he did were described as wrong, I do not blame him. After the accident, he basically lost everything. It was terrible sad to see how much he loves Bernice. Especially when he showed her the ring and that was the reason why he got crippled. If only he didn't go to Taiwan to get the ring. If only he didn't get into a accident. If only he got back sooner. There is so much if's that could change the whole situation. But you always have to let go of the past to look forward to the future. I'm glad in the end, he figured that out, didn't blame anybody and started over again.

Liza always plays the over protective mother who always plans everything for her children. Though I don't usually like that, it was different in here. I actually quite like her. Though I don't agree with everything she is doing, her character is realistic. Her character developed throughout the entire series. She begins to figure out her mistakes and tried to fix them. She loves her family alot and that causes her to be overprotective. Like all mothers, they can never stop worrying about there kids. Luckily n the end, she learnt to let go....let her children take their own paths and learn on their own.

Ha Yu's character was not out of the ordinary. A loving dad, who's really close to his children. I hope I was as close to my dad as him and Mandy =) This role isn't really any special...and I really don't have much to say.

Mandy Wong is getting quite a variety of characters. In here, she plays as a stubborn daughter of Ha Yu and Liza. Haha, like the saying, the apple does not fall far from the tree, applies here towards Mandy and Liza. Like Liza, Mandy is quite stubborn. She fell for a married guy, and was determined to be with her. Did you guys think she was wrong? I kind of have mix feelings. If only the wife doesn't have a baby....then I'd feel better to say that she was right, but that is not the case. It is not wrong to love someone...and it is not right to fight for your own happiness. But you should always consider the people it'll effect. In the end, is it worth it? It's all up to that person to decide.

I thought that Benny (guy with glasses) and Kimi was really cute together. Haha, maybe it's his glasses, but he looks like a total nerd. That is probably why this pair is so cute. I actually wished that their were more scenes of them. I personally did not like his younger brother with the other girl that much. I didn't like the girl. Their story was also kind of dry. Not to mention that she said she didn't like him right? But why did they end up together in the end??

5 comments:

Rachel said...

yay for home troopers review!!
i agree with a lot of what you shared, i watched mainly because bernice and kevin were in there, wasn't sure about the couple pairing, but haven't seen them in a series for a while so decided to give it a shot. their relationship wasn't as great as i thought it would be and it just went bad when raymond randomly appeared again... hahaha but like you, i did enjoy kimi and benny's ... 'relationship' hahaha but the entire series, i felt there were too many random things that happened that didn't really work out, but overall, not a bad series :) glad you did a review for this :)

LynneD. said...

=) Haha, yah. but I guess it was refreshing to see a new pair =) Really? I didn't think things were so random. Something I didn't like so much was how Angela fell for Ha Yu. Because...it didn't too much go with the storyline and not too much emphasis on Angela's character. Hehe, glad that u like the review ;)

F.B.I. said...

Raymond Wong? Did you get Raymond Cho and Vincent Wong added up?

LynneD. said...

@F.B.I.: lols clumsy mistake xD thanks for that! =)

Anonymous said...

raymond went to thailand not taiwan. and you could intro your actors first with pics and their screen. not everyone is familar with the actor's name.

i dont think mandy is fully in the wrong. you should have mention what happened in her relationship. she was more of the victim who lost her love because of the people around manipulating (esp. her mom and the wife)

Post a Comment