Niki Chow no fear of encountering Kevin Cheng again


Niki Chow and Raymond Wong were shooting outdoor scenes for new series My Cruel Lover. They just started working for 3 days, but they were already shooting a complex and deep feeling scene. The scene was about Niki misunderstanding Raymond for having no pity, so she was heartbroken and started crying. At the scene, it was seen that Tim Gor (Producer Lee Tim Shing) personally directed them, and often pulled them close to discuss. Niki reveals: "Tim Gor is always doing all the work himself, he allowed me to develop on my own, but he would also give us pointers. For example, in the last scene, he pointed out how our emotions should be like. He is a very responsible person. I have encountered many helpful people at work, I need to really appreciate it." Tim Gor said that there are not many FaDans in TVB like Niki's type, if she is able to withstand the difficulty, then she will definitely have good results. Niki heard this and smiled: "I admit that before I was very greedy because shooting series requires a lot of time, but I wanted to do both singing and filming. Now that I put serious consideration into what Tim Gor said, this year I will first focus on shooting series and movies."

After she terminated her contract with BMA, Niki signed a per-series contract for 2 years with TVB. If she were to take on series after series, then it hard to avoid bumping into ex-rumored boyfriend Kevin Cheng. Niki said: "I have no fear, TVB City is so big, and we are both in this profession.' As to shooting a new series with Raymond Wong, she laughed: "Raymond and I met when we were shooting a movie, so there are 4 no fears. No fear of rumors, no fear of fall out rumors, no fear of not familiar, no fear of being too familiar."

First time holding the big banner, Raymond directly admits that his role is extremely complicated. With a new challenge in his acting, Raymond said: "My role changes and possibilities are too many. To some extent, there will be a differences in the way the actor and producer thinks. That time, I know that I cannot have any hard feelings. I know everything that Tim Gor does is for the good of us. However, I feel kind of contradictory because Tim Gor casted me for this role, of course I am very anxious to do the very best, but on the other hand, Tim Gor wants me to relax and really enjoy the role. It's easier said than done." This time, it's heavy screen time for Raymond, after shooting the outdoor scenes, he will go back to shoot studio scenes. Even his time to see his wife is reduced: "Yesterday I only slept for 2 hours, really haven't seen her much in the last 2-3 days. But no choice, I accepted this series, then I have be responsible for my own work."

Source: Mingpao Weekly Issue #2205 (Credit: TVBChannel)
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Thoughts: This series reminds me alot of The Price of Greed =) I'm beginning to like these period dramas...because they always manage to surprise me! This is a new character for Niki and I hope she'd do well in it =) Raymond too! I'm looking forward to his character. Hopefully the filming will end soon though, so that Raymond can spend more time with his wife :)

1 comments:

Rachel said...

i'm sooo excited for this series!!! niki!!! whoot! hahah this makes me so happy hahah with tim gor as the producer, it's bound to be good, and though i've always been a kevin/niki fan, having raymond wong as lead is just as good hehehe, i really can't wait to watch this...but it won't be for a while..hahah

Post a Comment