River of Wine Thoughts 1

I just finished up to ep4 of River of Wine!!! Yay :D (also up to ep 22 on both LOO and Sentinel!) To be honest....it is not as bad as I thought. I am actually quite enjoying River of Wine right now :) The story started of nicely and characters are likable. Most enjoyable so far though is Bowie Lam and Elena Kong ;)

First off, let me talk about Sunny Chan as Leung Ching Hong. I started of with some prejudice against Sunny due to his recent role in Wax and Wane (reason why I dropped it after episode one because I just personally hate characters that just screams every time they're onscreen.) But I'm glad that his character in ROW did not turn out to be like that :) I do enjoy his character so far.

Now...let's start of with the story!

Talking about scenery...I loved the parts of the rivers (along with the dragon boats and etc). I'm glad that tvb shot some really beautiful views in here ;) Makes the series even more enjoyable.

Ok...the Sung (Bowie Lam, Linda Chung, Elena Kong etc) and the Leung (Nancy Sit, Sunny Chan, Cilia Kung etc) are considerable "enemies". I did not know why at first....but by the end of episode 1 the truth reveals!!!!!

"Bowie is actually Nancy's son." (though I knew that Sunny and Bowie were brothers at first...(due to spoilers)...I just didn't think they'd reveal so soon...)

Honestly...I thought it was really sad when Bowie called Nancy, "mom". It's obvious that he really cared for her....but sadly, they can't reunite. (I blame the stupid uncles, who are both so annoying!!!!)

~one complaint though...I dunno if it was suppose to be like that, but during the last scene when they "looked" at each other (after Bowie called her, mom)....it didn't seem real (the eye contact), which kinda upsets me abit since it was such an emotional scene (it lost the effect.....)~

Though they may not talk to each other, I can feel that both Nancy and Bowie understood each other. I think Nancy knows why Bowie changed his surname to Sung....and did not blame him (unlike the others who automatically see him as a bad guy). I haven't seen Nancy in a long time and is really glad to see her in here. I especially enjoy her scenes with Bowie.

Starting with episode two, we got to know why Sunny hate Bowie so much. At first, i didn't like Sunny's attitude toward Bowie....but I guess after they showed the flashback, I could understand why he never forgave Bowie.

But in episode 4 where Bowie and Sunny was eating tea eggs.....the flashback was so touching. Since young, you could see how thoughtful Bowie is when he gave his mother (Nancy) the egg and ended up drinking the syrup instead. He's the kind of person who really cares about his family.

On the other hand though, I really pity Bowie. He was forced to cut all ties with his own family....and had to ignore them for the last twenty years. it's obvious that Bowie really cares about his foster family too though...kinda stuck in between? And then there's also his love for Elena Kong. You could just feel a mutual understanding between the two of them. Whenever Bowie decides to do something, you could always see the look on Elena's face, that says she's supporting him. I find them really sweet....their love really settle and innocent. A surprise....but I think they're my fav. couple right now.

By the end of episode 2, Linda's family was seeing the matchmaker for her. While they were talking at the restaurant, Linda hesitated and didn't go in. She only circled around town on her bike ( i really like the bike, since not much ancient series uses bikes). It was sad when the truth about her one short and one long leg was revealed....*sigh* she's going to be flogged with rumors around town now....

On to episode 3, it was nice to see that Linda have learned that she is actually alot more fortunate than she thinks she is. There are times when we would think that our life sucks, but everyone have their own problems. We shouldn't overlook what we already have. Linda might have a handicapped leg, but the way her family cares for her...I think she's very fortunate.

~haha the part where Linda wanted to hit Sunny on the boat was very funny! And then the part where they talked to each other about their childhood was heart-warming ~

Omg! Pierre finally appears in episode 4 and I feel super bad for him! He's always being picked on (no wonder why he'll turn bad later on)! It was very emotional when he found out that Linda was his long-lost sister! You could see how much he loves his little sister....so touching with the flashbacks of them. I kept on wishing that he'd meet Linda by the end of episode 4....but unfortunately, he did not and was pushed into a lake instead D; I'm really excited for the next episode now!!! I really want to see Pierre and Linda reunite.


0 comments:

Post a Comment