Bottled Passion Episode 1 Thoughts

Finally!! I got the chance to watch the first episode! (sad...but it's the only one I've watched so far...) Like what many thinks, I also think this is off to a great start. Only on the first episode and I was crying already...(something wrong with me?). For the rest of this series, I think I'll need a few boxes of tissue :P

Now let's talk about this episode...

I was surprised how the story started off....I guess I didn't think Niki and Raymond would meet so early. On the other hand, it made me feel all sweet and cozy inside when he told her who he was waiting for. It warmed me up to their relationship already :) Also loved the flashbacks (the kids in the roles were both so cute!), which just made me fall deeper for the couple. Raymond is so sweet...keeping their promises all this time, and came back to the place to wait for Niki once every ten years. Unfortunately Niki...(lost her memory) and passed by him like a stranger. It was so sad...seeing Raymond wait like that :(

As for the individual characters, let's first talk about Raymond. He doesn't have as many scenes yet but you could already see the two sides of his character. In his first scene, waiting at the fields (temple), he gave off as such a gentle guy...Then during his scene with Yoyo Chen...he looked so heartless and somewhat evil when he yelled at her! It gave me the creeps though, how he saw Niki crying later and told her that he hated seeing women cry. Yoyo was crying so much, telling him how much she loved him and even comitted suicide...and yet, he was so cold....and now he told a girl that he didn't like seeing women cry. Overall, scary but yet an interesting character to watch out for :D

Then their is Niki. This character is unlike her previous characters, which all had less emotional scenes. Could already see Niki somewhat struggling with the crying scenes...since her tears can't seem to fall down. I'm a bit worried for her though, since just in the first episode...she already had somewhat..3 crying scenes? There's definitely going to be quite a few more later on. On the other hand, I like her strong character and how she handled the whole soy sauce business. During the scene where she try to calm down the crowd by lying to the dept collectors that their store is shipping soy sauce to America, it really reminded Kenneth in A Fistful of Stances. It's just their way to handle debt collectors :D

Right now, i'm waiting for the moment when Niki regains her memory...and Raymond finding out that she's the one he've been waiting all these years :)

More Screencaps

1 comments:

scalae3 said...

yea, the debt collecting scene is similar to A Fistful of Stances. I think even the shop is the same one too.

Post a Comment