A Record of Artists Embarrassing Moments



de Kwan heard the wrong name and went on stage to get Susanna Kwan's award; Gigi Leung walked so fast on stage that she exposed herself; Chin Ka Lok wanted to become Film King and was told straight up that he's not qualified.... anyone will have their embarrassing moments. It's funny when you hear embarrassing stories from others, but sharing your own embarrassing stories is a good deed too to make a brighter day.

Chrissie Chow - heels stuck in a ditch
"Before I entered the industry, I never wear heels, but after I entered, I think I really need to practice. One time, I was wearing 4-inch heels, very thin heels, I was walking alone in Central and carelessly stepped into a ditch. Perhaps that area, the people were used to seeing such sight, but no one came to help me. I bent down and took off my shoes, using both hands to pull the heels out. It was so embarrassing. Now I can wear high thin heels and run."

Miriam Yeung - Called an '8 por' by audience
"I believe that in whatever profession you are in, there will be a chance where people try to make trouble without any reason. I remember several years ago, I was still performing at nightclubs. One night, when I was singing, a customer below the stage pointed at me and said I was really loud. The person even called me a '8 por'. At the time, nobody helped me because they didn't want to offend anyone, I guess. That time, I was just holding in my anger, and smiled embarrassingly, but when I got home I was crying in the corner."

Elanne Kong - embarrassing menstrual period stories.
"I remember when I was still studying in high school, one time I put an used sanitary pad on my teacher's chair. When he came into the classroom and saw it, his face was so red, so embarrassed that he started tearing. He didn't yell at anyone, but I personally felt I've gone too far. I didn't know how to react. My sophomore year, one day I was walking with my brother and suddenly my period comes. I hid in the restroom and asked my brother to buy it for me. I was really in a difficult situation and embarrassed. After this incident, my brother laughed at me for 10 years. Another time, after the award ceremony, perhaps I was sitting for too long and my legs were asleep, but when I was changing backstage, I couldn't take off my boots. I had to find someone to hold me down from the back and one from the front to help me pull it off. It was embarrassing."

Marco Ngai - completely soaked, bulging nipples
"I remember many years ago, TVB notified me to go in for an audition. I was extremely happy. I prepared a white dress shirt and dressed myself like a gentleman. When I walked out the door, it was clearly a bright sunny day, but after walking halfway, it suddenly started pouring hard. Back then, umbrellas weren't sold anywhere. I was afraid to be late, so I just went to TVB with my already soaked clothing. When I entered the recording studio, I was wondering why so many people were measuring me? I looked below and Wah, turns out my white dress shirt was see-through and stuck to my body. My nipples were clearly visible and sticking out, but I had to continue to audition. I really haven't been that embarrassed before."

Him Law - crashes into things
"In the past, I would often chat with people on the streets. One time, I was saying bye while turning around, and unknowingly walked right into the lamppost. That time a tooth fell off. Another time, I was busy chatting and walking and then I crashed into the mailbox. It was painful and embarrassing. Friends were rolling on the floor laughing. Since then I trained myself to become bigger, more built. The most embarrassing was when a female reporter asked me to take off my shirt to take pictures, I immediately felt my face heating up."

Yoyo Mung - known as the 'Auntie'
"When I was in high school, I was like a tomboy, especially one that is exaggerating. I speak loudly and didn't care about the way I dressed. A classmate called me an "Auntie". I didn't mind. It was only until I just got off the bus, and saw that classmate from afar, once he saw me he called me Auntie. I didn't respond, but a 50-60 year old Auntie was next to me at the time, she answered him. When the passengers on the bus all found out that the 'Auntie' was referring to me, I felt weird. I was embarrassed and I knew it was time to re-do my whole image, so I could lose the Auntie nickname."

Kevin Cheng - self-claims he's a Handsome
"One time I attended a promotional event as a guest. I was sitting below the stage, waiting for them to call me up on stage. I suddenly heard the MC shout 'Handsome, please come up'. I subconsciously started walking up on stage, but I saw the MC was looking at another man. I knew then that the "Handsome" the MC was talkinga bout was not me. At the time I didn't know what to do, luckily the MC helped me out and asked me to stay on stage. In the future, I will be more careful before I react."

Tracy Ip - Eats 'added ingredient' dumplings
"I recall an embarrassing and disgusting experience. One time I went to Shenyang to shoot a travel special and had the opportunity to eat the goldfish dumplings. When it was time to shoot, a mosquito came flying at me, the director was a gentleman and helped me shoo it away. However, I accidentally patted his butt and he fell on the goldfish dumplings. We all saw him, but we actually didn't have time to steam the dumplings again, so I had to suck it up and eat the 'added ingredient' scalp dumplings and had to pretend it was so tasty. The others felt bad for me. I was embarrassed, every time I think of it I want to vomit."

Source: Sudden Weekly, Credit: TVBChannel
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

Thoughts: An entertaining read :D Funniest is of Kevin Cheng's response :P haha...

0 comments:

Post a Comment