Happy Valentines Story...


Wong Cho Lam singing to Leanne :)

Leanne Li: “How I Fell In Love With Wong Cho Lam”

Leanne Li’s (李亞男) popularity rose after her romance with Wong Cho Lam (王祖藍) was revealed in 2010, peaking higher than even when she won the Miss Chinese International Pageant in 2005! Leanne admitted that she was interested in Cho Lam 6 years ago. However, to fulfill a promise towards TVB, she cut-off their relationship. After the couple reconciled their relationship, Leanne felt that true love was invaluable and did not deny that she possessed marriage intentions. Over the next 5 days, Leanne will speak about her circle of friends in the entertainment industry, as well as being compared to Fala Chen (陳法拉) often.

Leanne revealed, “Cho Lam helped me a lot in my career. Our romantic fate also stemmed from an exchange in teaching and learning. Many years ago, I sang the song, Red Bean <紅豆>, upon which I asked my singing instructor for advice. Surprisingly, she told me to ask Wong Cho Lam for advice. It turned out that my instructor sensed that Cho Lam was interested in me. I did not realize this at the time, wondering, ‘Why did I have to bring the demo tape to Cho Lam among all people?’

“After listening to the tape, Cho Lam advised me to take singing lessons, while teaching me Cantonese and [ how to read scripts]. He is 5 years older than me. At the time, I treated him as an elder brother, while admiring his kindness to take time to teach other people. However, I did not have any feelings of love at the time, as I felt that our physiques were incompatible.”

Love Sparks in Disneyland


“One day, Cho Lam asked me out one-on-one to Disneyland. Silly me; I did not know it was a date, but I had a good impression towards him. We had a wonderful time in Disneyland. While on the Buzz Lightyear ride, I felt him clasping my hand. I thought to myself, ‘Something is not right!’ However, I was not offended. We decided to let our feelings run their natural course. After the second and third dates where I felt things were okay, I agreed to start dating.

“After some time together, I worried that I was dating Cho Lam because of loneliness and that I did not truly love him. Afraid of hurting each other, we agreed to pray for 40 days, in which we would not call each other or meet in person. We could only write down our daily thoughts, in which we would exchange our journals to read at the end of the 40 day period. On the first day of the diary, I cried non-stop while writing the entry; I really missed him! On the 35th day, I could not stand it anymore!

“I sought a counselor to discuss the matter; she felt that I can start a relationship with Cho Lam, but I nevertheless gave up the opportunity. I had promised TVB that I would not date and promised my family that I would prioritize my career first. If were to start dating immediately after entering the industry, it is as if I am here to date more than work. I will never forgive myself. At the time, I cried while asking to break up, which made Cho Lam very sad.”

Translated by Jaynestar@ http://www.jaynestars.com

Thoughts: This is such a sweet story isn't it? From the sound of it, Wong Cho Lam seems like a very nice guy and quite attentive to his girlfriend :) I personally think it's quite courageous of Wong Cho Lam to pursue Leanne and I'm glad that, through some ups and downs, Leanne was able to accept him. It is such a heart-warming story :)

What are your thoughts on the couple? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment