Jiang Shi...

Lately....I've been lost in my childhood memories!

Jiang Shi are what we call chinese "hopping" vampires. Haha so no...not the modern vampires that we often see on tv today. Unlike modern vampires, they are corpses that have no mind. Back when I was young, there were alot (at least that was what I thought) of these series around...but there are rarely any being filmed today. Same things go to wuxia and mythical series (tvb wise). I am going to be doing the same post format for mythical series later.....Also a post involving "modern" vampires :)

This post does not only contain series from tvb though....because apparently the series I watched were mostly atv before o.O Just found out about it now....something nice about atv series (and others) are that....they ARE AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE!!! (at least in viet anyways) Haha you can never find tvb series on youtube....but thank goodness the much older series of atv and stuff are all on there!! lols was so happy....cause I can re-watch all of them on there now!!! :D

Immortal Love (Singapore-1997)
Mm...watched it when I was like 7-ish? Then re-watched it a few years ago. Haha I remember loving the series so much!!! But only the pre-modern/ancient parts of the storyline though. The modern parts are alright, but now looking at it...I just realize how bad the costumes were! lols the main antagonist's yellow wig!! LMAO

Anyways...love the couples ;) Especially the one in the themesong with the grasshoppers! They were so cute...sad story though. I think I will probably re-watch this again soon :)

Vampire Expert 1 (ATV-1995)
I actually first watched Vampire Expert 2 and then found out there's Vampire Expert 1!!! (their titles in viet have nothing to do with each other). So I decided to watch bits and parts...not much...For those parts I watched though, I really enjoyed it! I especially remember one scene where Annie Man, Jimmy Wong and some kids were surrounded by japanese soldiers zombies....:)

Vampire Expert 2 (ATV-1996)
If asked about hopping vampires, this series is the first to come to my mind! Though probably not the best out of all the ones I have watched, it is one of the first series that I've seen....which is why it's so memorable ;)

My favourite sub-story of this series is the one featuring Eric Wan and Kristy Yang. Their love story is super sad!! And like Tavia Yeung, Kristy Yang also looks absolutely stunning in her ancient outfit. Haha I thought they were the same person when I was young....

I heard they were going to make a third installment of this but unfortunately Lam Ching Ying passed away :( That was why My Date With a Vampire was created...as a tribute to him.

Night Journey (TVB-1996)
Hohoho...this is a comedic series featuring Yuen Wah, Louisa So, Cheung Kwok Keung, Daniel Chan and Halina Tam. Yuen Wah and Louisa paired up as a bickering couple...and they were both so adorable together! ;D

This is Halina Tam's first series with tvb...did not recognize her at first xD Too bad she slowly got demoted after that...

0 comments:

Post a Comment