[News] Leila Tong balances between family and work, 'hungry' to be in a TV series again

Last year Leila Tong became a mother and in just a blink of an eye, her daughter is already 1 year old. Although she usually has to look after her daughter and work at the same time, she enjoys this kind of life. She said: "My time management is fine, my personal time and work schedule is pretty ok. If I don't have to work, I would take care of my daughter myself, but when I have to work, I leave her with a babysitter." She frankly expressed when she first had to part from her daughter, she felt uncomfortable: "At first, I really missed her and sometimes I would look at her photos. One time, I had to leave HK for several weeks, I was so reluctant to leave my daughter behind. However, now with the advanced technology, I can see her any time over the internet and this actually helps me concentrate more on work. Then, I'm able to get off work earlier and get home to see my daughter sooner."

Leila teaches her daughter each and every day as she grows, she said: "Currently there are a lot of things that starts from zero, like I would teach my daughter to wash her hands after using the restroom, let her get used to it. She is starting to talk, but whatever she sees, she would shout Daddy, it's really funny." She also reveals her daughter is a girl that can really eat, especially the milk powder brand Illuma. She has to have greater portions of it: "She can really eat, perhaps because the formula I'm using is really good, giving her some appetite. My daughter is quite heavy now."

Also, Leila has switched over to Ricky Wong's CTI and will be starting a new series later this month. It's been a long while since she's been in a series, so she is very excited and anxious at the same time. She said: "I've been 'hungry' for a period of time because I stopped shooting series several years already. Fans are worried I'm only doing theater and won't do TV series anymore. This year I'll get back to shooting TV series, very happy and excited." She wants to let audience see the mature side of her, she said: "I was too limited in the last 10 years, many people think I'm a little girl, so I hope to portray roles that are more mature."

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/


Thoughts: Who is excited for Leila's return? Definitely me!! x)

TVB really underpromoted her...so a big applause for cti for recruiting this awesome actress! (...before, she and Nancy Wu were some rising supporting stars that I really loved...but did not get promoted much. Luckily, Nancy is now...but Leila left before that could happen.) CTI is making me really happy right now...for getting some of my fav. old stars back on hk screen! haha...Not to mention because of this, tvb is recruiting some atv artistes that I also long to see again! Hmm...I'm torn :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment