[CTI Upcoming] My Boyfriend Mr.V

English Title: My Boyfriend Mr.V (tentative name)
Chinese Title: 我的男友Mr.V
Episodes: 10
Cast: Danson Tang, Michelle Wai, Kathy Yuen, Carlos Chan, Terence Yin, Sherming Yiu
Genre: Modern/Romance/Fantasy/Youth

Info:
- This is the first drama produced by CTI Telecom (HK) Ltd.
- It is the HK version of Twilight movie.
- Danson will play a vampire and he later fall in love with Michelle.

credits jerebtvb@asianfanatics

Thoughts: Have anybody read or seen Twilight yet? Haha I have read the first book of the series...was not bad, but I didn't continue to read the others though. On the other hand, I refused to watch the movies even though my friends were all raving about it :P Unfortunately, I finally gave in and went to watch the third movie (Moon...something? New Moon? or was it another one? I don't even know!) because it was my friend's birthday...I couldn't refuse could I?

My opinion of that movie? Ugh...don't know if I'm talking about the third or second one now...but either way, the ONE I SAW...worst thing ever! I apologize if you are Twilight fans..but what I saw is probably one of the worst movies I've seen. Why? It had absolutely NO POINT! They are trying to protect the main girl...then they are attack and in the end things are ok again. (I might sound harsh..but that was all I remember.) As much as I'm bashing the whole thing, I do give credits to the animation and action scenes. I thought the action scenes were well down with the vampire chasing each other in the woods, and the wolves animations were wonderful! The problem just lies in the story -.-

Haha now back to CTI...interesting. I'm going to keep my head clear away from the original Twilight and look out for this production because I am a fan of vampires (atv's My Date with a Vampire...one of my favs). I like how it's only 10 episodes...won't drag on too much :P Seeing the genre, this is aiming towards youth...

Don't know either of the main leads, but the guy does look cute x) Hmm...this won't be at highschool setting right? They have the baby face to pull it of but really don't want to see it set in highschool....

3 comments:

Rachel said...

this series gives me a taiwanese drama-esque feel hahah when i first saw the picture before reading the title, i seriously thought it was a tdrama hahah definitely different from tvb series lol, but i'm iff about the whole fantasy/vampire thing...twilight gave me bad expectations and then men with no shadows...ahahah definitely unsure about this genre...

Anonymous said...

haha!
At first when I saw Danson I thought it was a Taiwanese drama as well! #dittoRachel
Seems like CTI is bidding very high, recruiting/inviting alot of "Idols". [at least I think Danson is classified as an Idol? confirmation please?]
I guess we'll just have to see how they'll pull it off, without "Twilight" history repeating. [I will shoot myself if this is another version of Twilight. Sorry fans!]

Lynne said...

@Rachel: yah Twilight...*shivers* lols As for Men with No Shadows...that was done by ctv...since Ricky Wong was once part of atv, and they did a good job with MDWAV, I do have more hope in cti when is comes to vampires :)

@Anonymous: lols I don't even know who Danson is ^^;

As for you guys referring to taiwanese dramas...I do hope that cti do not film (style) like they do. Have you guys heard of Meteor Garden? Was a hit in taiwan right? I watched it and did like it...but did not like the filming style (there was this fighting scene...looked really bad in my opinion), along with that...not much music was used in the background. Music gives alot of mood and atmosphere..in which the drama lacked, making is somewhat bland at times. lols that is back in 2001 though...maybe it changed?

Post a Comment