Master of Play Thoughts - Episode 1

I was really curious to see what Master of Play was like and so decided to watch it before House of Harmony and Vengeance. So far...it's gives me a similar feeling to when I watched When Heaven Burns in terms of it's "speed". While the first episode seems somewhat slow, it definitely hooked me with the first five minutes of the murderer (Tsui Wing).

Unlike other murder stories, this one gave me a very creepy feeling because he (Tsui Wing) does not murder the "bad" people, but instead believe that he should kill the "good" people because after that they'll be able to go to heaven.  That is just straight out scary and oh my...Tsui Wing's smile is creepy in here!  He made a pretty convincing "emotionally unstable" man.

Lei Cho Kiu (Maggie Siu) is the one who the murderer (Tsui Wing) attempted to kill but luckily she got away.  In return though, she did lost an arm.  While at the hospital, she saw Cheung Sai Yin (Moses Chan) performing magic tricks to some children.  He saw that she was unhappy and decided to encourage.  Along the lines of, "Magic is not truly real but when you believe in it, it can be real."  So something like that, he covered her with this black cloak and hid his hand under it...then there it is, two hands!

I though this was quite a sweet scene...I liked his encouragement.  Haha he does not look like a killer does he?  I personally like him right now :P

Kan Yiu Nam (Adam Cheng) plays as a stage actor/director in here, who lost his daughter and have been trying to find her for the last 20-25 years or so.  I am curious to find out how he lost her...

After their meeting in the hospital, they dated and on their third anniversary...Cheung Sai Yin (Moses Chan) decided to propose to Lei Cho Kiu (Maggie Siu)!!  Aw...his proposal was so cute!  He simply snapped his fingers and a ring appears on her middle finger...then the episode ended.  Will she say yes?  On one hand, I want her to say yes but on the other, I don't.  Why?  Because we all know that he is a killer (or at least later on), so marrying him...ugh.  This first episode is seriously giving me mix messages!!  Cheung Sai Yin seems like such a nice guy, so why is he a killer...or how will he become a killer?  I want to know Q.Q

Matt Yeung as Kong Sing Sou.  When was the last time I saw this guy?  Hmm...I'd say Shades of Truth?  I really liked him in there and I am glad to see him back onscreen again :)  Also great that he's getting a considerably big role in here...looking forward to what he have to offer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment