[News] Edwin Siu rises to popularity on TV, embraces the singing dream again

Back then when Edwin Siu was a singer, he had pretty good development, but because of one comment, his popularity hit rock bottom. However, he did not give up. Four years ago, he decided to sign a contract with TVB and start completely over. In the recent months, his popularity has been on the rise again. Following Forensic Heroes III, he participated in Daddy Good Deeds and now the current Gloves Come Off. In these series, he has played important roles, from good to evil to comedic roles, he has done it all and can snag the Most Improved Award any second!

Earlier Edwin's role as Ah Yap in Daddy Good Deeds had stirred up lots of feedback, especially his old-fashioned performance of the song The Distant Her in the series, got Netizens going wild. Rarely in comedy series, this really gave Edwin lots of encouragement: "I just couldn't believe people praised my Gags so much. Someone told me they haven't laughed so much from a series in a long time, that was what made me most happy! (Unfolded your 'comedic cells'?) I don't know! But I added a lot into the role, the more old-fashioned it is, the better!" Edwin claimed he loves being funny and his personality is similar to Ah Yap. "I like to make the people around me happy, I am the leisure team leader, responsible to lighten up the atmosphere!"

As for the opportunity to sing Daddy Good Deed's theme song (Never Been Mindful), Edwin directly expressed he was very happy when he heard the unexpected news and he was able to re-live the feeling of being a singer: "It's been so many years since I've sang a Cantonese song, really miss it! Before I didn't understand the meaning, but now I have more life experiences. (Sign with a record label?) Not at the moment. I will focus on increasing my impact in series first, but I do hope I can still sing too!"

Once the camera changes, Edwin goes from the upbeat sunshine boy from Daddy Good Deeds to an rough manic in Gloves Come Off. There is great room to display his acting skills: "I play Selena Li's first lover, but then after an accident my personal nature changed completely. I would beat her and there was one scene where I throw the wheelchair at her!" Also in his upcoming two series The Last Steep Aliment and The Confidant, Edwin plays the big villain. No wonder Edwin expressed this is a prosperous year for him.

Source: The Sun
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/


Thoughts: Despite entering tvb for only a few years, Edwin have had the chance to try a variety of roles and gained the love of the audience :) I'm also becoming a fan of his and in my opinion, out of all the "rising" stars...he's consider as one of my favs. I am looking forward to seeing him in an upcoming evil role!

0 comments:

Post a Comment