[Where is He?] Eric Li

A new feature I'm going to be doing since I'm the kind of person who dwells on to the past (not a good thing...) :P Of course, this is not for artistes whom have retired (could be...but I won't do many on those) but mainly on the ones I miss seeing onscreen.  Five years, one year, 6 months or just 1 month...if I miss them, I'll write about them :P
Eric Li! First saw him in...I don't know where, but the first time when he caught my attention was in A Journey Called Life where he acted as the jerk (he's more than that...I just toned it down a bit) brother of Linda Chung. He's good in these bad roles as I saw him again in DIE 2. Man! This guy is really type-casted in these evil roles! Even though I've seen him many times before, it was not until A Fistful of Stances that made me impress. But was it more because of the role though? Maybe...since his acting seems quite natural before too. The year after Fist, he got a role in 7 Days where in played as the nasty hotel manager. Unlike his previous "bad" roles though, this one turned out to be quite funny and enjoyable to watch...even though his scenes were somewhat limited. So did this guy ever got to act in a good role though? (this question is base on the series I've seen him in, which does not include all the he had acted in) Well, just not long ago, Bottled Passion air in which he plays the lovable and loyal side-kick of Tung Pun-Sin (Raymond Wong)! Yes! haha I love him and Raymond even more than Niki with Raymond :P Their bromance is so cute! Standing on his own though, it was nice seeing Eric in such a likable role...was a nice change to see. Oh! I almost forgot about his role in Catch Me Now (how on earth did I forgot that?)! Absolutely loved him as the lively racer along with his whole team. Not only for Eric alone, but for all his team mates, I'd recommend you to watch Catch Me Now id you haven't!

I personally think Eric is a very good actor and should be more promoted than he is now. Somehow, he reminds me of a Nancy Wu whom I liked so much but was not promoted so much until recently. Out of the younger gentlemen (not age wise...but rather..if they're in supporting role, they count :P), he and Edwin Siu are the two I find as the two most promising actors that I find capable of leading their own series. Since tvb are now in search of more siu sangs, why not promote him more?

As for what he is up to now...he's filming the series with Wayne Lai, Michelle Yim and etc right? Hmm...I need to look him up since I rarely keep track of the filming series (only know about them when they are about to release :P)

0 comments:

Post a Comment