[News] Steven Ma to open company to produce films and TV series

Yesterday Steven Ma was at Hengdian World Studios shooting for new Mainland drama Yuan Yang Pei (鴛鴦佩). Steven was shooting an outdoor fencing scene and got very sweaty. He laughed and said he got slimmer: "Shooting ends later this month, then I'm going for summer vacation and in August I'll be in Shanghai to discuss releasing a new album. The big boss will invest into the production company that I'm opening, the Little Ma Work Studio. Its scheduled to establish at the end of the year, producing films and TV series. I'll be learning how to be a producer, scriptwriter and I hope my director dream comes true as well!"

Steven is developing smoothly in Mainland, but does he get paid 200k RMB per episode? Steven laughed: "Not that much, but the pay is ideal. (Won't be shooting back in HK anymore?) Catherine Tsang asked me to sign a per-series contract with TVB. I grew up in TVB and have feelings. Even if I terminated my contract and left, the relationship is still good."

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum


Thoughts: I have faith in Steven Ma as a scriptwriter. I have seen his interviews and his weibo updates...he his very thoughtful. If only tvb gave him a chance to write a script...I will be looking out for his future productions :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment