Inbound Troubles Thoughts

Yay! I finally started "Inbound Troubles" and is loving the series so far! Such a refreshing cast :) Also, finally seeing Joey Meng onscreen again is awesome! She's absolutely gorgeous. Very beautiful x] Another lovely looking individual is Helena Law with her awesome attire.

Favourite Scenes:
The 'Fish Ball' Curse
Every time Wong Cho Lam attempts to eat a fish ball, something would happen. Cracked me up when he got ticketed for the second time for dropping a fish ball! Poor Wong Cho Lam...haha.


Bankruptcy Look...Busted!
Unshaved face, eye bags, messy hairstyle, holes in clothings and a smelly shirt! Roger Kwok apparently declared bankruptcy (I have to watch more to know...) and when he went to this agency that documents his bankruptcy status, he went all out and staged a very pitiable look. Unfortunately to his dismay, the new agent (Louis Cheung) assigned to him is a very sharp guy. He pointed out all the flaws in Roger's 'make-over' and poor Roger was speechless. Haha a very funny scene indeed of Roger and Louis!



Mirror, mirror on the wall. Who is the fairest of them all?

So far, there have only been a few scenes of Louis Cheung but I'm loving this guy (actor and character) already! His character cares alot about his look and spends up to an hour in the washroom to 'touch up' his look. Haha he is just too funny! Watching Louis reminds me of this guy I met, who would fix his hair every time he sees his reflection x] lols I can't wait to watch more of Louis!


Buy, Buy, Buy!
It was absolutely hilarious to see Angela Tong forcing the tourists to buy jewelries (so she can get the bonuses)! Haha very demanding and scary :P I seriously wonder why Roger is engaged to her? haha...

The Pity Factor
Something that I have learned; the ability to comprehend jokes/humour shows how much one knows about the culture and language that the jokes comes from.

In relation to the statement above, the 'pity' factor that's mentioned in the title refers to my limited understanding of the humour in "Inbound Troubles". First off all, the mando and canto barrier (accents) does not affect me because I do not speak the language. To add onto that, I decided to watch the series in Vietnamese because I don't like to watch ancient or comedic dramas in English subs. Therefore, the viet dub does not show the differences in the way the characters talk. Especially during the part where Roger Kwok pretended to be from mainland and Wong Cho Lam pretending to be from Hong Kong, I understood what was going on but it was only after Wong Cho Lam stated that mainland people speaks bad canto. Second of all, my little knowledge of both cultures also affected me. For example, when Wong Cho Lam was asked what he ate back at home, he answered, "milk powder". I did not notice it at first but after rewatching the episode, it suddenly came to me! Haha. To sum that up, I wish I knew how to speak canto. Even though "Inbound Troubles" is still very enjoyable and humorous as it is now, understanding the language would make it even more enjoyable right? :)

So for those who understands canto, so jealous of you guys x]

0 comments:

Post a Comment